Sunday 21 October 2012

Clotted Cream and Jam

Happy Sunday lovelies!!!!
I can't believe two weeks have passed since I was at home spending time with my family!!..... I can't believe two weeks have passed since I last posted! My, TIME IS FLYING!!!
Needless to say, It's been a busy couple of weeks.  I've had a bunch of pictures sat in a file on my computer, just waiting to be shared.
So here they are, two weeks later, pictures summing up my lovely and indulgent week at home:

Beautiful sunny days spent walking around my traditionally English home town.


Afternoons spent chatting with my mum. Stopping off at a local tearoom and enjoying clotted cream and jam scones.



Washed down with a soothing pot of tea. It really warms the heart.


Yummy pub food


and late night hot chocolates with my sister.


Laughing and gossiping whilst Mum and Dad are upstairs sleeping.


Sunny trips to the nearby town of Cirencester.
One thing I noticed when I was at home was how very traditionally British everything appeared. I'm not sure if things have always been this way, or if it was the left over spirit from the Golden Jubilee, Royal wedding and The Olympics? Whatever the reason I loved it! Everywhere seemed very patriotic and bunting appeared to be draped everywhere I looked.
You all know I'm a tad partial to a bit of bunting :-) It makes everything look so 'Postcardy', very quaint and cute.   



Sure the Sunny day helped, but Cirencester looked really beautiful. So "oldy worldy'. I did enjoy looking around the many vintage/antique shops and hunting for forgotten treasures. 



Time at home spent in my Dad's section of the house.... the garage. Playing around with his 'babies'.


It always amazes me how pristine my dads motor bike is. Always fully polished and sparkling with pride.


Finally...a day spent out in Bath, with Mum, Dad and my Sister. Walking around the endless traditional shops. Eating home-made pastries, sweets and fudge.


Discovering the local yarn store. Simply named 'WOOL'. :-)


and falling upon a treasure of a store. "The Makery Emporium"


I was in love with this shop. So cute and everything I love all under one roof.
The lady working in the shop kindly let me take a couple of pictures to share with you all.
The shop was full of all things crafty. Books on crafting, bags, needles, stamps, and many many buttons.


Gorgeous, bright and fun fabrics.


and endless amounts of beautiful ribbons. I was in heaven.


Not only do they sell all sorts glorious stuff, they also teach crafty classes in the above floors of the shop.  This was a true diamond of a shop. My sister and I had a lovely time browsing through all of the crafty eye candy.
Of course we couldn't leave empty handed! My sister bought a gorgeous scrap book and some fun decorative ribbon and I left with these cute little trinkets. Possibly for future projects I give as gifts.


If you're ever in Bath I'd really recommend keeping a look out for this cute little shop, you'll love it. So there we have it, my week at home. I really did enjoy it. Hopefully I've got a couple of exciting posts coming up in the next week or so, I've got things that I NEED to share! Until then enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Matt xxx
This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I had to delete my previous comment due to terrible typos! lol. Great photographs again. I recognise the 'Makery' in Bath from a magazine article I read. It looks like a fantastic little place. I believe it also runs many workshops at reasonable prices. Anyone near Bath should really go and check it out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That does look like a fun shop! It looks like you had a really lovely time with your family :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just showing someone your site.....telling them you are at the TOP of my favorites list!! And here you are!! Wonderful pictures.....bath is on my list of somedays....I always picture everyone in regency period clothing though...speaking of which.....I adore your superman photo!!! Brilliant!!
    Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the kind of shopping I love! Really MUST take a trip to Bath soon and visit that gorgeous shop!
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must.visit.bath.soon!!
    :-)
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Вау! Настоящий магазин с сокровищами :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so curieus about that clotted cream because we don't have it overhere. Next time I visit Lindon , I surely want to try it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful moments! Looks all to good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, you were just up the road from Hilly Town! I will definitely hunt out that shop next time I'm in Bath, thank you for the tip off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family...it's always so nice when we have a chance to go back home... I love it....great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi !

    What a lovely post again!! Yes I would fly over to Bath right away and go to the Makery Emporium! What a beautiful shop!!!! Very British indeed so,yes I love it to pieces!!!!
    So good to hear you had a wonderful time with your family!

    Hedwig

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Matt, what a fun time you had.. the photo were so FUN and happy! I sure wish I could visit there and see those shops. We're at the beach.. check my blog tomorrow evening for beach-y photos. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for taking us on this journey, wonderful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, Bath's my home town, though I moved away 10 years ago, boo-hoo. Other good shops include Great British Yarns http://www.greatbritishyarns.co.uk/ at the edge of town and Country Threads http://www.countrythreadspatchwork.co.uk/ for quilting and patchwork, very near Wool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab fab shop! That is certainly a crafter's dream! Lovely post too! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!